Listed below are a few pieces of helpful info regarding the race. If you have additional questions, please contact us via email, or call (970) 429-2093.
Owl Creek Chase Sunday March 7th, 9am (starting list and lane assignments will be emailed to participants the Wednesday prior to the race)
Check in and Bib Pick up at the start line at the Aspen Cross Country Center on the Driving Range.
Bib Pick UP 8:15am until Race start.
COVID Safety Precautions – PLEASE READ
In order to ensure a safe race, the following must be adhered to:
1. Social Distancing
-Please do NOT invite spectators to the event – unfortunately we need to limit the number of people at the venue.
-Interval Starts: Interval or wave starts will be assigned according to your bib number. You should be prepared to enter the start area when your number is called. Please do not move up to the next position until the person in front of you has done so. Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between you and the racer in front of you.
-Before & After Race: Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between you and other persons unless that person is a member of your household. We ask that you clear the race finish area when you complete your race.
2. Mask Wearing
-Face coverings – should be double layer masks or double layer “buff” like garment.
-When – Masks should be worn at all times until 1 min prior to your race start time. You must put your mask on after you finish the race and stay well away from other people until you do so.
-Where – Masks should be worn on all the tracks on – unless it is during your race.
3. Sick Racers – any racers who are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms should not attend the race.
4. No Aid Stations, or Gear Shuttles. Racers must bring whatever they will need for the race with them
5. Race Day Check in will be at the start line. Check in with a volunteer and they will provide you with your race bib.
6. No Awards ceremony. This is a participation race, racers will receive their event beanie after they finish the race and turn in their race bib. Results will be posted online after the event.
7. Parking is available at the Aspen Middle School Lot (near the finish line, park here and warm up ski to the start) or at the Start Line at the Aspen Cross Country Center. There will be no shuttles, racers must be prepared that no shuttle will be provided.
8. Travelers from Outside Pitkin County– Any person that is not a local resident that is traveling to Pitkin County for this event must complete the Traveler Affidavit and be free from any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to arrival. For more information about the Traveler Affidavit program, please visit https://covid19.pitkincounty.com/travel-affidavit/. Any person travelling to Pitkin county for this event is:
-instructed they MUST be free from any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to arrival.
-instructed to self-screen for symptoms each morning during their stay in Pitkin County.
-informed that if they are a close contact of a person who either has a positive COVID-19 test or symptoms of COVID-19, they may be required to quarantine or self-isolate, at the traveler’s expense.
It is highly unlikely that the Owl Creek Chase will be canceled due to weather or snow conditions, but that possibility does exist. Under such conditions, every effort will be made to hold the race, but the director reserves the right to delay, shorten or even cancel the event. Because we will have incurred all the race costs prior to the race, there will be no refunds due to cancellation.