New Year’s Eve Fireworks
The City of Aspen will not be featuring fireworks this New Year’s Eve due to an abundance of caution for the spread of COVID-19.
Free public skate at the Aspen Ice Garden from 12pm until 5pm*.This event has been cancelled for 2020.
*COVID makes event planning complicated. If the current Pitkin County Public Health orders change, this event could be cancelled. Thank you for your understanding
New for 2020 Virtual “Trash the Past”
A virtual “let it go” celebration to release the past and embrace the New Year. Anonymously submit your old resolutions, unmet goals, or anything negative that is weighing you down that needs to be released before the New Year.
Mandatory Mask Zone in Aspen
What you need to know about masks in Aspen
Aspen City Council enacted a mandatory mask zone ordinance that began Friday, July 31 at 6 a.m. and is in effect through May 2021. Below is some information about the new regulations and rules and resources to learn more.
Where should a face covering be worn?
- Indoors & outdoors in Aspen’s Mandatory Mask Zone
- Everywhere else outside of the Zone indoors & outdoors when a 6′ distance cannot be maintained from others
- On public transportation
Where is the Mandatory Mask Zone?
- West boundary: Aspen Street
- East Boundary: Original Street /Neal Avenue to Herron Park
- South Boundary: Aspen Mountain
- North Boundary: Roaring Fork River
- Highlands transportation and commercial zone
Please remember, even outside of the Zone, masks must be worn if you cannot keep six feet of social distance between you and other people.
Click Here for more information and to read the Emergency Ordinance NO 12: Mandatory Face Covering Zone
Covid-19 safety precautions:
1. Please follow the Five Commitments of Containment. Interact with only those in your household, do your best to avoid any social interactions with friends and family outside of your household throughout the holidays.
2. A face covering must be worn at all times when inside a place of business that is open to the public (i.e. grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.), as well as on public transportation like buses and taxis.
3. Face coverings must also be worn indoors and outdoors in public places within Aspen’s Mandatory Mask Zone. In addition, masks must be worn outside of the Mandatory Mask Zone indoors and outdoors in public places when a six-foot distance cannot be maintained from others. For more information click here.