Marathon Course Info
The Marathon will start at Rio Grande Park at 6:30am
2022 Course Description Marathon
Start – 6:30am The marathon will start at Rio Grande Park.
• Take the Dirt Trail through the John Denver Sanctuary actoss the Krajian Bridge, take a right up the Hunter Creek Trail.
• Turn Right onto the Lani White Trail, up and through Williams Ranch, take Silverlode Dr. across to Smug-gler Mountain Road.
• Turn left on Smuggler Mountain Road. Take Smuggler Mountain Road up to the BTS trail. (Aid Station #1)
• Head up the BTS Trail to the Tootsie Roll Trail.
• Follow Tootsie Roll Trail to the Lollipop Trail.
• Follow the Lollipop to the new lower Lollipop Trail down to the Iowa Shaft Trail (USFS Trail #2172.1).
• Follow the Iowa Shaft Trail down to Hunter Creek Valley South Trail (USFS #21A.1).
• Turn left on the Hunter Creek Valley South Trail and follow it to the Hunter Creek Cutoff Trail.
• Turn right on the Hunter Creek Cutoff Trail and then a right onto the Hunter Creek Valley Trail (USFS
• Turn left on North Spur Trail (USFS #1992.3B) and bear left on the Lazy Man Shortcut (USFS #1992.3D) and continue to Hunter Creek Toll Road (USFS #20A) and Aid Station #2.
• Then right on the Hunter Creek Valley North Trail (USFS #21A.1).
• Follow the Hunter Creek Valley North Trail to the Hummingbird Trail.
• Take the Hummingbird Trail to the Hunter Creek Toll Road (USFS #20A).
• Turn Right on the Hunter Creek Toll Road and then bear right on the Hunter Creek Overlook Trail (USFS #2491.1).
• Turn left onto the Hunter Creek Toll Road and then a right onto Burnt Hole Road (USFS #22).
• Turn left onto the Hobbit Trail (USFS #1989.3) and follow the Hobbit Trail to Four Corners.Aid Station #3
• Take the Red Mountain Communications Site Road and then turn left onto the Secret/Jedi Trail (USFS
• Turn Left on the Sunnyside Trail (USFS #1987.1) and follow it until the Shadyside Cutoff (USFS #1988.2).
• Turn left on Shadyside Trail (USFS #1988.1) and follow it until it joins the Sunnyside Trail again.
• Turn right on the Sunnyside Trail and follow it until it meets the Rio Grande Trail.
• Turn left on the Rio Grande Trail and follow it until it joins a series of single track trails that parallels the Rio Grande Trail.
• Cross the Roaring Fork River on the Picnic Point Bridge and turn left on the Music Tent single track trail. Turn left onto the Grindley Bridge and then a right turn back onto the Rio Grande Trail. Follow the Rio Grande trail back to the finish at Rio Grande Park.
Marathon Aid station locations and cut of times.
|3||Smuggler Mountain Rd||Water, Skratch||7:30am|
|8||Hunter Creek Senior Lot||Water, Skratch||10:00am|
|11.5||Top of Lower Plunge||Water, Skratch||11:25am|
|15.5||4 Corners||Water, Skratch||12:35pm|
|23.4||Stein Park||Water, Skratch||1:25pm|